Don’t miss your appointments
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) plans to close SR-99 through downtown Seattle for at least 3 weeks. Beginning January 11, 2019, SR-99 will be completely closed and the entire region will be impacted with increased travel times and congestion on I-5, I-405, I-90, and other roadways. When scheduling an appointment during this time, please consider how your commute may be affected so you can ensure you get the care you need.
If you live in the Greater Seattle area, or receive care at a medical center in this area, you might consider:
- Scheduling routine exams before the closure or after the work is completed
- Scheduling your appointment midday to avoid peak travel times
- Scheduling appointments at an alternative medical center
- Checking real-time traffic estimates the morning of your appointment
- Taking alternative transportation to your appointment
- Reviewing resources WSDOT has put together to help you plan
Want more local health news, wellness tips, recipes, and more? Subscribe to the Kaiser Permanente Washington newsletter.