- Know the symptoms of COVID-19. These include fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well.
- Keep your distance from anyone not in your immediate household, at least 6 feet, even with a mask.
- Wear a mask whenever you are outside your home and you can’t physically distance from others.
- If you visit with family or friends, keep the group small and keep your distance. Visiting outside is lower risk than gathering inside.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- When soap and water aren’t available, an alcohol-based hand sanitizer is okay.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that are touched frequently.
Want more local health news, wellness tips, recipes, and more? Subscribe to the Kaiser Permanente Washington newsletter.